The Zinc Phosphate formula is Zn3(PO4)2. It is also known as Trizinc Phosphate formula or Trizinc diphosphate. This compound is also known as Zinc(II) Phosphate. The chemical or molecular formula of Zinc Phosphate is Zn3(PO4)2.
- It is an inorganic compound that’s used as a corrosion-resistant for the coating of metal surfaces and metal products.
- It is also used as a primer pigment of metals. this is applied as a primer.
- It used in the electroplating process of metals as an important part of an electroplating metal. Zinc phosphate coats the metals in the electroplating process or applied.
- It is used as a base for dental restorations. The oldest adhesive used for dentistry is Zinc phosphate dental cement, which is a significant component for dental restorations as a base.
Properties of Zinc Phosphate
- It is a white color crystal at room temperature. It has a crystalline structure than bare.
- It is insoluble in water.
- The melting point is 900 ̊C (1652 ̊F).
- Its density is 3.998 g/cm3.
Zinc Phosphate Reactions:
3Zn(C2H3O2)2 + 2Na3PO4 = 6NaC2H3O2 + Zn3(PO4)2↓
3Zn + 2H3PO4 = Zn3(PO4)2↓ + 3H2
Zn3(PO4)2 + 6HCl = 3ZnCl2 + 2H3PO4
3Zn(OH)2 + 2H3PO4 = Zn3(PO4)2↓ + 6H2O
3Mg + Zn3(PO4)2 = Mg3(PO4)2↓ + 3Zn
3Zn(NO3)2 + 2Na3PO4 = 6NaNO3 + Zn3 (PO4)2↓
2Na3PO4 + 3ZnSO4 = 3Na2SO4 + Zn3 (PO4)2↓
3Zn(NO3)2 + 2K3PO4 = Zn3 (PO4)2↓ + 6KNO3
6KCl + Zn3(PO4)2 = 3ZnCl2 + 2K3PO4
2(NH4)3PO4 + 3Zn(NO3)2 = 6NH4NO3 + Zn3 (PO4)2↓https://themodernstudent.com/